Re: Is v7.1 stable enough?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is v7.1 stable enough?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Ploski <jpljpl@gmx.de> writes:
> how stable is the current 7.1 code? Can it be used in a production
> environment or is it meant for internal bug squashing only? Am I
> asking for problems?

You want an honest opinion?  I'd say 7.1 is on the cusp: it's probably
stable enough for production use, but there are probably a few bugs left
too.  If you're willing to run regular backups and report/help track
down bugs, then go for it.  If you want to leave the work to other
people, then go away and come back in a few months.

Note that we have just been making some changes in the WAL log format.
You can save yourself some upgrade trouble if you use a snapshot dated
after today --- or perhaps safer, wait for the next formal beta release.