Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> writes:
> Here is my matching ss output

> ------------------------------
> [root@prod04 John]# ss -l -p | grep post
> u_str  LISTEN     0      128    /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 69422                 *
> 0                     users:(("postgres",pid=2760,fd=5))
> tcp    LISTEN     0      128    127.0.0.1:postgres              *:*
> users:(("postgres",pid=2760,fd=4))
> tcp    LISTEN     0      128       ::1:postgres             :::*
> users:(("postgres",pid=2760,fd=3))
> [root@prod04 John]#
> ---------------------------------

Well, that's absolutely fascinating, because it proves that your
postmaster (PID 2760) *did* successfully bind to the IPv4 port,
along with IPv6 and Unix socket too.

So now we're left with the question of why you got this bleat
along the way:

> [postgres@prod04 pgsql_tablespaces]$ LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket:
> Cannot assign requested address

AFAICS, the explanation must be that getaddrinfo() returned two IPv4
addresses, one of which got bound successfully and the other not.
The bleat is about the non-working address, but you still ended up
with a working IPv4 socket.

This recalls my earlier theory that there's something weird about
your networking configuration, but now we have a bit more information
about what the weirdness must look like.  It might be useful to have
a look at "ifconfig" output on your machine.

Also, are you setting "listen_addresses" to something non-default?

> Referring back to an earlier post, I changed the location for the domain
> socket and lock file from /tmp to /var/run/postgres in the postgresql.conf
> file and set the permissions so postgres could run.  Now psql complains that
> the domain socket is not present.  There doesn't seem to be a config entry
> or file for psql.  What did I miss?

Um ... that we were guessing that you were using a Red-Hat-supplied libpq.so
that expected the socket to be in /var/run/postgres.  Evidently that's
not the case.

(I will complain that you're still being absolutely terrible about
reporting error messages precisely.  I do not want to see you say again
that "program X complains something".  Please *copy and paste the exact
error message* from now on.  Even if the details don't seem significant
to you, they may be to us.)

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql