Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> Tom: You mentioned earlier that your patch fixes some existing bugs.
> What were they?

What I remember at the moment (sans caffeine) is that the routines for
assembling jsonb values out of field data were lacking some necessary
tests for overflow of the size/offset fields.  If you like I can apply
those fixes separately, but I think they were sufficiently integrated with
other changes in the logic that it wouldn't really help much for patch
reviewability.