Re: Clarification on using pg_upgrade

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Clarification on using pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
----- Original Message -----

I've just skimmed through this thread, but I can't quite gather what it is you're trying to achieve.  Are you looking
tomove away from Slony? Upgrade by any means with or without Slony?  Or just find a "fast" way of doing a major upgrade
whilstkeeping Slony in-place as your replication method?

If it's the latter, the easiest way is to have 2 or more subscribers subscribed to the same sets and one at a time;
dropa subscriber node, upgrade and re-initdb, then use clone node to recreate it from another subscriber.  If you're
intenton using pg_upgrade you might be able to fudge it as long as you can bump up current txid to be greater than what
itwas before the upgrade; in fact I've done similar before with a slony subscriber, but only as a test on a small
database.