Re: Idea about fixing the lockfile issues in postgresql.init

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Idea about fixing the lockfile issues in postgresql.init
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Hammond <ahammond@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> This seems very complicated. Why not simply delete the lock files as an
> earlier part of the boot process?

Primarily because it's not very reasonable to expect rc.sysinit to know
all the places where Postgres data directories might be hiding.  I'd
push for that solution myself if we only intended to support one
postmaster per machine, but in a multi-postmaster situation things get
complicated.