Re: why does plperl cache functions using just a bool for is_trigger

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why does plperl cache functions using just a bool for is_trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org> writes:
> PS: I'm wondering if there's any noticable slowdown from always starting
> a subxact before doing SPI. Plperl users seemed not to notice, so I
> guess I shouldn't worry.

It's not cheap :-( ... but it's *necessary*.  There's no other way to
get sane behavior.

If the cost annoys you, you should put some effort into making subxact
start/stop cheaper overall, rather than trying to avoid having one here.