Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)

> I'm posting a quite massive series of WIP patches here, to get some
> feedback.

I guess the $64 question that has to be addressed here is whether we're
prepared to accept LLVM as a run-time dependency.  There are some reasons
why we might not be:

* The sheer mass of the dependency.  What's the installed footprint of
LLVM, versus a Postgres server?  How hard is it to install from source?

* How will we answer people who say they can't accept having a compiler
installed on their production boxes for security reasons?

* Are there any currently-interesting platforms that LLVM doesn't work
for?  (I'm worried about RISC-V as much as legacy systems.)

I concur with your feeling that hand-rolled JIT is right out.  But
I'm not sure that whatever performance gain we might get in this
direction is worth the costs.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Account for catalog snapshot in PGXACT->xmin updates.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Account for catalog snapshot in PGXACT->xmin updates.