Re: realloc suggestion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: realloc suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
>  I again a little look at aset code and I probably found small performance
> reserve in small chunks (chunk <= ALLOC_CHUNK_LIMIT) reallocation.

Hmm.  I wouldn't have thought that realloc got called often enough to be
worth optimizing, but it does seem to get called a few hundred times
during the regress tests, so maybe it's worth a little more code to do
this.  (Looks like most of the realloc calls come from enlargeStringInfo
while dealing with long query strings --- since in this case the string
buffer is the only thing yet allocated in QueryContext, the special-case
check wins.)

I've committed this change.  Thanks for the suggestion!