Re: pg_restore problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Jules Alberts" <jules.alberts@arbodienst-limburg.nl> writes:
> Sorry, I wasn't quite clear. The problem isn't that the references get
> lost, but that the actual OIDs of the blobs change.

Yes, they will, and there's not anything you can do to prevent it.
What is supposed to happen is that pg_restore should update your
CUST_BLOBS table to contain new blob OIDs instead of old ones.
It builds a map from the old OIDs, which it can see in the dump file,
to the new ones that get assigned on-the-fly as the blobs are loaded.
Then it looks through the database for OID columns, and substitutes
new blob OIDs wherever it can find a match to the list of old OIDs.

One hole in this approach is that the lookup table CUST_BLOBS had better
be present when the blob loading is done.  Perhaps you tried to load it
separately after loading the blobs?