Re: to_timestamp TZH and TZM format specifiers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: to_timestamp TZH and TZM format specifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 01/03/2018 08:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> Shouldn't this support TZS or something for seconds?

>> According to the docs I cited upthread, there's no such field type
>> in Oracle.

> So what?

Well, the function is meant to be Oracle-compatible, so where's the
use case?

I'm pretty sure that it's been years since any standard time zones
weren't an integral number of minutes off UTC, which may explain
why Oracle hasn't felt the need for this.  I notice that the SQL
standard itself also believes that timezone offsets must be an
integral number of minutes.

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions