Re: How portable are the POSIX.2 regular expression routines?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How portable are the POSIX.2 regular expression routines?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyone have an opinion on the portability of the regular expression
>> functions defined in POSIX 1003.2,

> Does Windows come with POSIX regex libs? I would be a bit surprised.

> When we discussed this at the conference I suggested to Magnus that he
> not use regexes. When I did initdb I originally looked at using a regex
> library, and realised that we really wouldn't need them, and the tiny
> replacement routines I wrote would be sufficient.

All we really need is something that can handle patterns including ".*",
because that's all that is used in the patterns in "resultmap".  That
should be doable (inefficiently, but who cares) in just a few lines of
code.  I'll go for Plan B for the moment.

> BTW, we I am pretty sure we *do* need MAX_CONNECTIONS it really
> shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Yeah, I thought the same --- you need it on a platform that won't
let you run dozens of processes under one userid.
Will take care of it.

Сообщение: Re: How portable are the POSIX.2 regular expression routines?
Сообщение: Re: How portable are the POSIX.2 regular expression routines?