Re: bug error message constraint "con_item_id_costelement" for table "costs" does not exist SQL state: 42704

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bug error message constraint "con_item_id_costelement" for table "costs" does not exist SQL state: 42704
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
joel.traf@magwerks.com writes:
> My i humbly suggest adding notes to the create  table clone ( original
> including all).

Done at
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=46b773d4fe0f0c880a1073cb5366efa02efa8ef8

> Also suggest adding  the same comment to the Insert on conflict
> stating.  Tables that are cloned with (including all ) the constraint
> is not automatically recreated with the same name so the constraint
> needs to be manually re-created with that specific name for the temp
> table.

I think that's overkill, considering that LIKE is such a minor feature
that it's not even mentioned anywhere except this one part of the
CREATE TABLE man page.

> Additionally could throw a notice that when a table is cloned with the
> copy indexes or constraints,  stating names are not preserved and may
> cause issues with Upsert on conflict.

And that's right around the bend.  I realize you're annoyed at the moment,
but nannying NOTICE messages are something nobody likes for long.