Re: Support for XLogRecPtr in expand_fmt_string?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Support for XLogRecPtr in expand_fmt_string?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:34:35PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I would rather get rid of this %X/%X notation.

> +1

I'm for it if we can find a less messy way of dealing with the
platform-specific-format-code issue.  I don't want to be plugging
UINT64_FORMAT into string literals in a pile of places.

Personally I think that a function returning a static string
buffer is probably good enough for this.  If there are places
where we need to print more than one XLogRecPtr value in a message,
we could have two of them.  (Yeah, it's ugly, but less so than
dealing with platform-specific format codes everywhere.)