Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login

От iSTRONG
Тема Re: PGS Tuning Wizard destroys my login
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I had the same problem as OP.

With Windows 7 x64 & postgresql Version 8.3.7-1

It seems like running tuning wizard changes the permissions of the
postgres.conf file so that the .postgres account is not able to read it.

Similar to OP's situation, postgres was working fine until ran the tuning
wizard at which point the server wouldn't start (after rebooting)

EntrepriseDB should definitly look into this because it's quite difficult
for non-experts like myself to debug.

Error message i get in even viewer:

FATAL:  could not open configuration file "C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/postgresql.conf": Permission denied

This problem was solved (after quite a few hours of research, and a few
trials and errors) by changing the owner of the data folder of postgres to
the postgres account.