Re: Code of Conduct plan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Code of Conduct plan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey@proteus-tech.com> writes:
>     I did go back and read through the 2016 content rather thoroughly. But
> where has all the discussion been going on for the last two years?

It's been private, mostly either (a) the exploration committee responding
to comments that were received at PGCon 2016 [1] or privately, or (b) the
core team arguing among ourselves whether we were prepared to support the
draft yet.  I'm embarrassed to admit that a whole lot of the delay has
been due to (b).  Core did finally resolve our differences in in-person
meetings at PGCon 2018, which is why you're seeing this now rather than
some other time.

Anyway, the core discussions certainly aren't going to be made public,
and I doubt that Stacey has any intention of publishing the exploration
committee's private mail either.  If you compare the current draft to
what was available in 2016, I don't think you'll find any differences
that are so substantive as to require public defense.  We tried to make
the wording simpler and less intimidating, but that's about it.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Coc_qa_pgcon2016