Re: type info refactoring

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: type info refactoring
Дата
Re: type info refactoring  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... I assumed that TypeInfo would be
> embedded in other structs directly, rather than a pointer and palloc.

Yeah, that would avoid the extra-pallocs complaint, although it might be
notationally a bit of a PITA in places like equalfuncs.c.  I think that
would end up needing a separate COMPARE_TYPEINFO_FIELD macro instead of
being able to treat it like a Node* field.

But I'm still wondering whether it's smart to try to promote all of this
fundamentally-auxiliary information to first-class status.  It's really
unclear to me that that will end up being a net win either conceptually
or notationally.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name
Сообщение: Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name