Re: Data corruption while taking backup of database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Data corruption while taking backup of database
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Pushker Chaubey <pchaubey@vertex.co.in> writes:
> We took back up of a database using the following command
> pg_dump -a

> In the back up file that was generated we found some data that was
> violating foreign key constraints. And there fore we were not able to
> restore database back with this back up file.

Was the data actually erroneous, or just loaded in the wrong order
(ie, referencing table before referenced one)?  pg_dump -a doesn't
guarantee to use a safe reload order.

Сообщение: Re: Data corruption while taking backup of database
Сообщение: Re: Data corruption while taking backup of database