Re: I want to send comments to the backend!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Дата
Re: I want to send comments to the backend!  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
> Gerhard H�ring wrote:
>> Why can't I send comments like
>> -- a comment
>> to the backend using libpq? Are these only handled in psql? Please allow to
>> send comments to the backend, as I really need them.

> The backend should handle them fine.  Can you give us pgsql version and
> an example.

I think he's complaining that psql strips out the comments before
sending stuff to the backend.  Unfortunately, most of the world probably
considers that a feature, not a bug.

I'm quite certain that libpq does not strip comments, so the complaint
isn't strictly accurate...

Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Сообщение: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!