Re: Postgres, tablespaces, and quotas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres, tablespaces, and quotas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Browne <jkbrowne@gmail.com> writes:
> I was just curious about what would happen given the following scenario:

> - Unix user has their own tablespace (and corresponding database)
> stored in /home/someuser/mydata
> - Quotas are enabled on /home
> - User reaches their quota, effectively causing only this tablespace
> to run out of disk space.

> How would postgres handle this scenario?

It's not tested very often but I think it should work all right ---
insertions and updates into that tablespace might fail but otherwise
no problem.

What you want to watch out for is running out of space for pg_xlog
or pg_clog.  Either one will cause a database panic shutdown.  No
data loss, but no service either till you free up some space :-(