Re: Upgrading Extension, version numbers (was: Extensions, patch v16)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrading Extension, version numbers (was: Extensions, patch v16)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Jan 3, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... that flat out doesn't work.  If the upgrade script tries to add
>> functions that didn't exist in the old .so, it'll fail.

> Right, what I'm saying is that `ALTER EXTENSION foo UPGRADE;` should install the .so, too, just before it runs the
upgradescripts.

1. Doesn't work if you're upgrading an installation that has more than
one database using the extension.  There's only one library directory.

2. Not possible from a permissions standpoint.  Even if you think it'd
be smart to have the postgres daemon privileged enough to overwrite its
own executables, there is 0 chance of getting that past any distro.