Re: BUG #17172: NaN compare error in hash agg

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17172: NaN compare error in hash agg
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> This has been broken for a very long time.  Do we dare back-patch
> the fix?  Given the lack of complaints, maybe fixing it in HEAD/v14
> is enough.  OTOH, it's not likely that many people have hash indexes
> containing minus NaNs, so maybe it's okay to back-patch.

After further thought I concluded that there's little reason
not to back-patch.  If someone has -NaN in a hash index,
they'd need to re-index if they ever want to find that entry
again ... but it was already true that many queries would not
find that entry.  Hence, pushed to all branches.