Re: Enabling Checksums

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Enabling Checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24 April 2013 21:06, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
>> What goal are you trying to accomplish with this patch?

> That we might need to patch the checksum version on a production release.

I don't actually buy that argument, certainly not as something that
could happen in 9.3.

I'm inclined to think we should forget about this until we have a
concrete use-case for it.  As Jeff says, there is no need for pg_control
contents to be compatible across major releases, so there's no harm in
waiting if we have any doubts about how it ought to work.