Re: Renamng the file "MSG00001.bin" to "MSG00001.msg" for internal usage placed in src/bin/pgevent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Renamng the file "MSG00001.bin" to "MSG00001.msg" for internal usage placed in src/bin/pgevent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hari Babu <haribabu.kommi@huawei.com> writes:
> There is a file in postgres\src\bin\pgevent\MSG00001.bin,
> For the internal usage purpose, the MSG00001.bin  file is changed to
> MSG00001.msg  and updated pgmsgevent.rc file accordingly.

> As we cannot deliver the *.bin files to the customer.

Why not?  Such a change seems totally pointless - it's the same bits
either way.

It would be better if we didn't have to ship this derived file at all,
but then the tool to build it would be required to build on Windows,
which isn't nice either.  See the README file in the same directory.