Re: tsearch in core patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> On Jun 22, 2007, at 9:28 , Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Is the point here for initdb to be able to establish a sane default
>>> initially?  Seems to me it can guess the language from the first
>>> component of the locale (ru_RU -> russian).
>>
>> How would this work for initdb with locale C?

> I'm worrying about that too.

I would be surprised if C locale defaulted to anything except English.
I suppose it would be sensible to add a switch to allow people to select
a different language.  In any case, the only thing initdb would be doing
would be setting up an initial value of a table entry or GUC variable,
so you could always change it yourself later; it may not be worth
sweating too much about this.