Re: bug# 2073 - Clarification

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bug# 2073 - Clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dhanaraj M <Dhanaraj.M@Sun.COM> writes:
> Pl. look at the following code, which is taken from alter_table.sql
> (regression test)

The regression test is designed to check for the current behavior.
If we were to change the behavior, then of course we'd need to change
the regression test as well.

Personally I'm starting to like the idea of attaching the sequence's
dependency to the column default definition (ie, to the attrdef entry
not directly to the column).  That would mean that ALTER COLUMN DROP
DEFAULT would be allowed and would cause the sequence to go away.
I'm not sure about whether this would have any downsides, though.