Re: Notes on converting from MySQL 5.0.x to PostgreSQL 8.1.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Notes on converting from MySQL 5.0.x to PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jason McManus" <mcmanus.jason@gmail.com> writes:
> I am in the process of converting a couple of major sites from MySQL 5.0.22
> to PostgreSQL 8.1.4, and I thought I would share some of my observations on
> this process and the two database systems in general.

Nice notes!  I see only one small error:

> * Pg's default character set (in 8.1.4) is UTF8.

I don't believe there is any fixed "default character set".  Each
installation will have a default locale and encoding, but these depend
on the locale under which initdb was run.  From the above comment I
surmise that you initdb'd under some UTF8-using locale ...

> Thank you, and I hope that these notes prove helpful to others!

Perhaps they should go on the project website somewhere?