Re: Panic error on attempted update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Panic error on attempted update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Edson <cheighlund@yahoo.com> writes:
> PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match

>   Any clue what's causing the panic message to occur?

Corrupt btree index.  If you can determine which table is being
inserted/updated when this happens (admittedly the message is not being
helpful), REINDEX should fix it.

Did you have a system crash before this started?

Running something newer than 8.1.4 would be advisable anyway.  I seem to
recall that we fixed at least one bug that could produce this symptom,
though I don't see anything specifically about it in the 8.1 CVS logs.