Re: Hash join explain is broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hash join explain is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am too tired to look further into this. I suspect the only reason we
> didn't previously run into trouble with the executor stashing hashkeys
> manually at a different tree level with:
> ((HashState *) innerPlanState(hjstate))->hashkeys
> is that hashkeys itself isn't printed...

TBH, I think 5f32b29c is just wrong and should be reverted for now.
If there's a need to handle those expressions differently, it will
require some cooperation from the planner not merely a two-line hack
in executor startup.  That commit didn't include any test case or
other demonstration that it was solving a live problem, so I think
we can leave it for v13 to address the issue.

(But possibly we should add a test case similar to Nikita's,
so that we don't overlook such problems in future.)