Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shigeru HANADA <hanada@metrosystems.co.jp> writes:
> Thanks, now I see your point.  Current FdwRoutine has no appropriate
> function because Open is called from ExecutorStart which is used by
> EXPLAIN too.

> But then we have mismatch between executor node interface and FDW
> interface about BeginScan.  Should we add new function such as
> ExecBeginNode and call ExecBeginXXX for each plan node?

That seems like a massive amount of new code, and wasted cycles during
every query startup, to fix a very small problem.

There's a flag EXEC_FLAG_EXPLAIN_ONLY that tells node Init functions
whether the query is going to be run "for real" or only EXPLAINed.
Use that to decide whether to do any real work.