Re: BUG #5196: Excessive memory consumption when using csvlog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5196: Excessive memory consumption when using csvlog
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Poindessous Thomas" <thomas@poindessous.com> writes:
> we have a weird bug. When using csvlog instead of stderr, the postgres
> logger process uses a lot of memory. We even had an OOM error with kernel.

I poked at this a bit and noted that if only one of the two possible
output files is rotated, logfile_rotate() leaks a copy of the other
file's name.  At the default settings this would only amount to one
filename string for every 10MB of output ... how much log output
does your test scenario generate?