Re: unexpected message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unexpected message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm getting a strange error during reload of one of our databases.

This appears to indicate that the server's first idea that there was
trouble came when the client side disconnected partway through a COPY:

> 2010-08-25 04:16:46 PDT [2401]: [1-1] (user=postgres) ERROR:  unexpected
> message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin

(0x58 = 'X' = Terminate message, implying client called PQfinish)

So it would be useful to look at what pg_restore thinks happened.
I rather suspect your cron setup sends pg_restore's output to
/dev/null ... or at least you failed to show it.