Re: patch: psql variables tabcomplete

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: patch: psql variables tabcomplete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2010/10/4 Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com>:
>> We don't have commands for display a list of such variables and \echo is
>> not tab-completed even with the patch. "Only supported by \set" might be
>> a bit unbalanced.

> it's good idea. I looked on it - and it is job for other patch. Some
> test are in experimental patch. But this needs more work - output is
> little bit ugly - I thing so prefix and suffix should not be showed.

I went ahead and applied this (with some cleanup).  I don't see a very
good reason why the prefix/suffix shouldn't be shown in the completion
data --- after all, that *is* what it's going to type for you.  In any
case, preventing that would take some fundamental hacking of the
readline interface; which would be way more work than it's worth,
and probably not very portable across the different versions of
readline either.  So I think we should just be happy with this
behavior.