Re: Problem with ssl and psql in Postgresql 13

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with ssl and psql in Postgresql 13
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> I think we'd be best off to always override KRB5_KTNAME if we have a
>> nonempty krb_server_keyfile setting, so the attached proposed patch
>> makes both functions do it the same way.  (I did not make an effort
>> to remove the dependency on setenv, given the nearby thread to
>> standardize on that.)

> +1.

Done, thanks for looking at the patch.

>> I'm not sure whether there's any documentation change that needs to
>> be made.  The docs don't suggest that you're allowed to set
>> krb_server_keyfile to an empty string in the first place, so maybe
>> we needn't explain what happens if you do.

> Perhaps saying something about 'system default' or 'taken from the
> environment' might make sense.

I went with "If this parameter is set to an empty string, it is ignored
and a system-dependent default is used."  I don't think we need to go
into more detail than that, since as you say it's unlikely to be a
useful case.