Re: debug_print_plan logs table alias used in join, not table name itself

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: debug_print_plan logs table alias used in join, not table name itself
Дата
Список pgsql-general
frank joerdens <fiskadoro@gmail.com> writes:
> I was just experimenting with debug logging on 8.3 and am finding that
> I can't get it to log the table names involved in a given query, it
> will always print the table alias used in your join instead, e.g.

I don't know why you think that debug_print_plan is meant to do any such
thing; it isn't meant to be useful to end users at all.  You could get
the table identity from the relation OID that's in the plan tree, but
the name is not there.

In 8.4 and up there's an "auto_explain" contrib module that is probably
much closer to what you want.