Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion

От Frank van Vugt
Тема Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion
Дата
Ответ на Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  (Valentine Gogichashvili <valgog@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  (Valentine Gogichashvili <valgog@gmail.com>)
Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Valentine,

Op zaterdag 19 oktober 2013 21:02:25 schreef Valentine Gogichashvili:
> this is a little bit not relevant to the question itself. But to prevent OOM
> killer from currupting your database please consider this for your
> production environments:

Sure, I understand why you'd want to mention this 'on the side', but I'm aware
of OOM-tuning. In production, I use it wherever it's _really_ needed, but mind
that the oom-killer in newer kernels is already selecting processes a bit
smarter than it used to. In the example I gave, the correct child process was
killed.

--

Best,

Frank.

Сообщение: Re: array_agg() on a set larger than some arbitrary(?) limit causes runaway memory usage and eventually memory exhaustion