Re: dollar-quoting in psql and in general

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dollar-quoting in psql and in general
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While trying to understand dollar-quoting, I found the following in psql:
>     select $a$ hello $a$;

> behaves as expected, but psql does not like

>     select $a$ \ $a$;
> or
>     select $a$ \\ $a$;

Define "does not like".  The behavior seems correct to me.

> Should it? How should a dollar-quote handle:

The value of that is " \$a\$a ".  Backslashes are not special inside
dollar quotes --- nor is anything else, except the matching close tag.

Сообщение: Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8