Re: Uber moving towards MySQL

От Robert Bernier
Тема Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Дата
Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Uber moving towards MySQL  (Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

https://ayende.com/blog/175137/re-why-uber-engineering-switched-from-postgres-to-mysql

This is getting serious; two popularized articles on hacker news now slamming postgres.

I've read and caught up on our mailthread regarding the technical issues.

Although no way near as knowledgeable as many of you regarding the inner workings of MySQL, let alone postgres, I do
howeverrecognize navel gazing when I see it. The first article starting this thread was a convoluted justification of
one'sown religion. This second article is pure commercial leveraging of a thread that's garnered a lot of attention.

It's time a response from the postgres community was forthcoming.

--
Robert Bernier
   robert7390@comcast.net
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 04:57:28 PM Santiago Zarate wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Has anyone read the following article?, i'm personlally inclined to think
> that some of these problems could have been addressed with enough
> expertise.
>
> At our company we may move to PostgreSQL for one of our core products (we
> use oracle), and a colleague came with this today. While this started a
> very heated discussion on our side... I wonder, what do you guys think
>
> https://eng.uber.com/mysql-migration/

Сообщение: Re: Uber moving towards MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Uber moving towards MySQL