Re: Tricky bugs in concurrent index build

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tricky bugs in concurrent index build
Дата
Re: Tricky bugs in concurrent index build
Re: Tricky bugs in concurrent index build
Список pgsql-hackers
> I see we have:
>  CREATE index_opt_unique INDEX CONCURRENTLY index_name ...
> which explains how this error occurs.

Maybe to you, but I'm still caffeine-deprived and don't exactly see what
it was that Greg mistyped.  AFAICS he'd have to type CONCURRENTLY twice
to get into a scenario where the proposed warning would fire.

> But might it not be better to have this instead?
>   CREATE CONCURRENTLY index_opt_unique INDEX index_name ...

When I was fooling with gram.y I was thinking that actually
CREATE [UNIQUE] INDEX indexname [CONCURRENTLY] ...

would be the most grammatical thing.  But I can live with putting
it right after CREATE, too.  Or there was the proposal to put it
first:
[CONCURRENTLY] CREATE [UNIQUE] INDEX indexname ...