Re: make update-po@master stops at pg_upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: make update-po@master stops at pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: make update-po@master stops at pg_upgrade  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I find it annoying that make update-po stops at pg_upgrade on master.
> The cause is that a file is renamed from relfilenode.c to
> relfilenumber.c so just fixing the name works. (attached first).

Ooops.

> I wonder if we can use $(wildcard *.c) instead of explicitly
> enumerating every *.c file in the directory then maintaining the
> list.

+1.  We've repeatedly forgotten to update the nls.mk files when
adding/removing files; they're just not on most hackers' radar.
Anything we can do to make that more automatic seems like a win.

> Since backend does that way, I think we can do that the same way
> also for the tools. Attached second does that except for tools that
> have only one *.c.  The patch doesn't make a difference in the result
> of make update-po.

I wonder if there's anything we can do about the manual cross-references
to src/common.  We could wildcard that, but then every FE program would
have to contain translations for all messages in src/common/, even for
modules it doesn't use.

Still, wildcarding the local *.c references seems like a clear step
forward.  I'll go push that part.