Re: pgsql: Move btbulkdelete's vacuum_delay_point()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Move btbulkdelete's vacuum_delay_point()
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Perhaps if vacuum_delay_point() contained a timer check, we'd be able to
> see if any gap between vacuum delays was more than the actual delay
> itself. It would be nice to know they are all gone, forever.

vacuum_delay_point is intended to be cheap enough (in the non-delay
case) that no one would have any hesitation about dropping it into
loops.  With a timer check in there, that might not be true, so I'm
resistant to doing it unconditionally.  But I could see having some
#ifdef'd code that could be conditionally compiled in to measure the
maximum inter-delay-point time in a development build.