Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> A unportable and easy version of this, actually making sense this time,
> would be to use prctl(PR_SET_PDEATHSIG, SIGQUIT). That'd send SIGQUIT to
> backends whenever postmaster dies.  Obviously that's not portable
> either - doing this for linux only wouldn't be all that kludgey tho.

Hmm.  That would have semantics rather substantially different from
the way that the WL_POSTMASTER_DEATH code behaves.  But I don't know
how much we care about that, since the whole scenario is something
that should not happen under normal circumstances.  Maybe cross-platform
variation is OK as long as it doesn't make the code too hairy.

Сообщение: Re: 9.5rc1 brin_summarize_new_values
Сообщение: Re: 9.5rc1 brin_summarize_new_values