Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> The thought occurs to me that we're looking at this from the wrong
> side of the coin. I've never, ever seen query plan time pose a
> problem with Postgres, even without using prepared statements.

That tells more about the type of queries you tend to run than about
whether there's an issue in general.

> Anyone
> who actually cares that much about plan time is certainly going to
> use prepared statements,

This is simply false.  There's a significant performance hit caused
by using prepared statements in many cases where the planner needs
to know the parameter values in order to make good decisions.