Re: try to find out the checkpoint record?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: try to find out the checkpoint record?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What's wrong with improving one of fragile parts of the system?

My opinion is that pg_control is the *least* fragile part of the logging
datastructures.  If we had infinite manpower, I'd say sure, go implement
a fallback mechanism for pg_control.  But we don't, and I honestly think
your time would be better spent elsewhere.

BTW, you'd not be able to automatically reconstruct pg_control from the
contents of xlog anyway (no way to find out the locale settings, for
instance).  So it will still require some manual intervention.  If
you're really set on working on this, it might pay to think of it as
an additional behavioral mode for pg_resetxlog, rather than something
that's going to happen deep inside the backend.