Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Дата
Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED  (Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have verified that it does indeed work. Underneath the hood it uses
> the native call LockFileEx() see win32io.c in Perl source. I suggest we
> should switch from this flaky use of Global namespace to having the
> postmaster acquire an explicit lock on a file in the datadir.

That can only be a solution if postmaster child processes will inherit
the lock.  (The nasty scenario is where the postmaster has died but one
or more backends are still alive --- a new postmaster attempting to
start MUST detect that and refuse to start.)  Does fork/exec preserve
lock ownership on Windows?

Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED