Re: partitioned indexes and tablespaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: partitioned indexes and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-Nov-03, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> +1. This is unquestionably a POLA violation that should be fixed, IMNSHO.

> Yeah, that's my view on it too.
> Pushed.

Hmm ... in the April thread, one of the main concerns that prevented hasty
action was fear of breaking dump/restore behavior.  Have you checked that
with this change, a dump/restore will restore the same state (same
actual tablespace assignments) that existed in the source DB?  How about
if the parent partitioned index's tablespace assignment has been changed
since a child index was made?  What happens with the --no-tablespaces
option?

I think I'm okay with this change if the answers to all those questions
are sane, but I didn't see them discussed in this thread.