Re: invalid ldconfig [option]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid ldconfig [option]
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/install-post.html
> In the line  "/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/pgsql/lib" the "-m" is a invalid
> option. I think is a mispelling of a "-n" option.

Invalid according to who?  The page says that that version of the
command is for FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.  I just checked on
FreeBSD 12: its ldconfig has no -n option, but it does have

     -m      Instead of replacing the contents of the hints file with those
             found in the directories specified, "merge" in new entries.
             Directories recorded in the hints file by previous runs of
             ldconfig are also rescanned for new shared libraries.

I'm hardly a FreeBSD power user, but that does sound like what
is wanted here.