Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL mirroring from RPM install to Source install

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL mirroring from RPM install to Source install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Brosnahan <broz@mac.com> =?utf-8?B?UmU6IFtHRU5FUkFMXSBQb3N0Z3JlU1FMIG1pcnJvcmluZyBmcm9tIFJQTSBp?=
=?utf-8?B?bnN0YWxsIHRvIFNvdXJjZSBpbnN0YWxs?=writes:
> The slave:
> $ pg_controldata --version
> pg_controldata (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1
> $ echo $PGDATA
> /apps/database/postgresql-data
> $ pg_controldata $PGDATA
> WARNING: Calculated CRC checksum does not match value stored in file.
> Either the file is corrupt, or it has a different layout than this program
> is expecting.  The results below are untrustworthy.

> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Wow --- a core dump in pg_controldata is *really* unexpected, since it's
just printing some scalar fields.  I can easily believe garbage out, but
a crash is harder.  I'm beginning to think that there's something wrong
with your hand-rolled build, though I have no idea what.

Can you get a stack trace out of that?  Should be enough to do

$ gdb path/to/pg_controldata
gdb> run /apps/database/postgresql-data
(wait for it to report segfault)
gdb> bt

> Understood that it's way easier to do the mirroring when the directory paths agree. In my case, I can't line them up,
dueto restrictions.

That doesn't seem to be your problem, at least not yet.