Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Borodin <borodin@octonica.com> writes:
> Thank you for your corrections.
> Here is the patch with suggestions taken into account, except 6th.

I'll pick this up, unless some other committer is already on it.

I think that we should buy back the addition of PageIndexTupleOverwrite
to bufpage.c by getting rid of PageIndexDeleteNoCompact, as suggested
earlier by Alvaro.  The latter seems a lot messier in concept, and it's
more general than BRIN needs.  It also kinda looks like we could get
rid of PAI_ALLOW_FAR_OFFSET, which is a messy kluge in itself.