Re: Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> I've made a simple cmd script to reproduce problems seen on dory:
> Without the fix I've got errors on iterations 43, 46, 128, 47, 14, 4,
> 27, which approximately corresponds to the ECPG-Check failure frequency
> on dory (for HEAD).
> With the fix all the 200 iterations passed as expected.
> Then I ran the loop again just to be sure and got:
> test thread/descriptor            ... stderr FAILED       81 ms
> iteration 124 failed.

I had been thinking we'd have to wait a month or two for the buildfarm
to accumulate enough runs to be confident in whether the WSACleanup
removal fixes the ecpg failures.  However, now that you did this
experiment, I think we have enough evidence already that it fixes it
(or at least makes things an order of magnitude better).

So now I'm inclined to not wait, but go ahead and backpatch 7d00a6b2d
now.  There's still enough time before the November releases that we
can expect that any nasty problems will show up in the buildfarm
before we ship.

Сообщение: Re: Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears
Сообщение: Re: Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears