Re: libedit on OS X?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libedit on OS X?
Дата
Re: libedit on OS X?
Список pgsql-ports
Tore Halset <halset@pvv.ntnu.no> writes:
> It tries to link with readline, doesnt find that and tries once more
> with libedit. ld report that _readline are undefined. /

I fired up my beta copy of Panther and looked at libedit.  It doesn't
seem to export any of the symbols required to be a plausible readline
substitute --- no readline(), none of the rl_xxx variables, etc.  Nor
are any of the associated header files present.

So, no, you can't use this instead of readline.  I'm a bit confused
why not though, since other people claim to have working configurations
like that.  Perhaps what Apple is shipping is an ancient, un-featureful
version of libedit?  Or something unrelated that happens to have the
same name?